Monday, January 13, 2014

Bronco Playoff Game

Before I agreed to come on the trip I got an agreement with Steven that if the Broncos made the playoffs that we had to find a sports bar so I could watch the games. How naive on my part. They do play a little soccer in Thailand but that is watched live. Sports bars are completely an American invention. 

All our hotels thus far have had broadband so here is how I was able to watch the Broncos beat the Chargers. Becky and I have Dish Sattelite in Denver. There is an App on my iPad that allows me to access the recorders at home from anywhere I have a broadband connection. The game was played at four AM Monday which was perfect because we had to catch a 9:00 AM bus to our next trike ride spot. Fortunately the bus depot was less than a mile from the bus depot. The game ended we loaded and peddled and had plenty of time to get our trikes ready for stashing on the bus. The size of the bus luggage compartment requires that we fold our trikes. My Bronco flag rides inside with me. 


       




The bus ride took us over some beautiful and very steep mountains on the seven hour trip to Kohn Kaen in the central eastern part of the country. It is just to the right of the X in the map. 



It is likely you heard there are political demonstrations in Thailand. There are those who think the current Prime Minister is corrupt and want her to step down. Most of the demonstrations thus far have been in Bangkok. As we peddled our trikes out of the bus depot in Kohn Kaen a group of several hundred were marching in support of the Prime Minister. 



We were handed flags and ushered into the procession much to the delight and cheers of the demonstrators. My dog isn't in that fight but I am proud of my souvenir flag and will bring it home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment