Monday, January 27, 2014

Last Days in Thailand - Part I

Once back at Stephen's house in Muak Lek his sisters in law took us on some day trips. Khaoyai National Park has monkeys, deer, alligators and elephants. I did see monkeys and what I thought was a dead monkey on the road but was simply evidence that an elephant had passed.

We spread a blanket in a grassy area to have a picnic lunch before exploring. 



Not far from our blanket this little guy was sitting in a tree having a snack.  




He was a friendly little guy and must have thought if I could take his picture he would come talk to us. The common language between us was the high five.


The park is a great place to explore. There are trails into lush jungle, waterfalls, wild life and scenic vistas. 





I wouldn't classify the deer as wild. I am trying to remember whether I asked him if I could take the selfie or whether he asked me to take it. Nonetheless here it is.



Of course there were monkeys, one wild and one domesticated. 



We had a unique experience at the visitor's center. We were approached by a group of students who politely asked if they could interview us as an assignment for an English class to interview English speaking tourists. Two of them conducted the interview while a videographer recorded.  


They were very nervous in the beginning and we did our best to put them at ease. However after the group photo as they walked away we could hear them giggle nervously and give off a collective sigh of relief.






















No comments:

Post a Comment